Friday, July 2, 2010

Me Cheating

"All she talks about is her baby and milky boobs and vaginas tearing open..."

I KNOW! That is why I'm going to randomly re-post but not tell you, even though some of you will know. Don't worry, I'll throw some new stuff in there too. I get tops two hours of sleep in a row so I deserve a little cheating, right? Speaking of cheating...


I’m totally cool with it. I am. My friend and I even had this discussion one week prior to THE incident.

Friend: I just get all uncomfortable.

Me: Well, THEY should FEEL all uncomfortable, not you, and if they were good enough in the first place they wouldn’t catch you with someone else. So, let them feel uncomfortable. Maybe then they will understand that they should have done better. RIGHT?

Friend: Ummm, okay.

I thought I was totally cool with it, until I got caught the other day.I guess all is well until you are in the same room with the one you cheated on and the one you cheated with. UGH!

I just wanted a hair cut that made me look a little more hip. I mean, the last hair stylist was good, he was, but I wasn’t all over the top in love with my do and to give me the benefit of the doubt, I didn’t really ASK for someone else, I just asked for the next soonest appointment.

I had some mean roots and a party in two days. What is a girl suppose to do?

So, there I was, the new (to MY hair) stylist walked me back to her chair when I passed him.

Him totally normal: Hi.

Me totally uncomfortable thinking that he is NOT HAPPY with me cheating: Hi.

I know, nothing amazing, but enough for me to realize I’m not the tough girl I thought I was. Just the other day I was talking smack about being wimpy and not trying someone new. What is so hard about walking right by the old stylist to the new one, trying someone new, testing all talents until you find the perfect fit? Just walk by, let them know you aren’t settling for mediocre, you want glamor, you want rock, you want bangs, you want color, you don’t want mom jeans and 80’s hairspray explosion bangs, you want the world and you ARE willing to go to someone else if the first stylist just isn’t doing it for ya. You are even willing to cheat.

Right?

I would say I’ve never felt so odd, but I’m awkward and clumsy. I feel odd a lot, but this was high on the list. His chair just happened to be smack dab next to the chair I was in. With each past tense hair question, I sunk further into this new seat.

Me: Uhhh, well, don’t come as often as I should, guess I want something different. I know, the roots are pretty bad, it’s been like, errrr, 6 months. No, not too short, but a few inches off would be great, you know, the split ends. Oh, I don’t know, you are the professional, not me. Just want something a little more hip. Yup, came here last time. Umm, actually, HE did my hair last. (Insert awkward point to the stylist next to us.)

Her: Oh. Got it.

She knew I cheated.

He knew I was cheating.

What is so wrong with it and why do I have to feel so bad? I didn’t marry my stylist. I didn’t sign a contract. Was my first dye job really life binding?!?!

I DID feel bad. I DID feel awkward. I DID NOT like that feeling. I was guilty; caught red handed.

However, I DO love my new hair. For me, the cheating was totally worth it.

The question is, why do we feel bad about these things??? Have you ever cheated on the person that does your hair, your nails, someone you feel you should of been committed to? Was the cheating worth it or did you end up with a mullet? Have you ever been caught and what did you do? Do you want to cheat and need the extra push? Tell me cheating on a stylist is okay!!!!

1 comment:

Aurora Sisneros said...

OK. You will feel better after this.

My best friend in the entire world is a hair stylist, and I don't go to her. When we see each other, we simply DON'T talk about it.

How do ya like that for cheating?