Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Dear Charlotte: Two months

I don't know what happened between this month and last but you became the BEST little baby. I mean, you totally rocked before but lets face it, you were time consuming. You needed EVERY SECOND of my day AND night but this month you became this happy little thing that is totally cool hanging out on your own under a few toys. And then you know what happens? Mommy can get something done. It's nuts! I can actually get something done sometimes, who would of thought?! The BESTEST part of that though is when I come back for you, you are all smiles.

Smiles!

Yes, you smile! You even chuckle. I just about die on the floor. A heap of almost dead mommy because she couldn't handle your cuteness. My heart melts and I fall even harder for you.

I love you sooo much. Like A LOT. (Sawyer, if you are old enough to read, skip this paragraph.) I recently confided in a friend that I might love you more than Sawyer. This love I feel for you is just sooo intense. Since I love Sawyer a whole hell of a lot too, I'm thinking that my love for him is a bit more complicated than the love I have for you. His love has to also accompany the space for discipline, education and a million of my worries. He runs off and can get seriously hurt. He has to hit all these freakin' milestones. He has to be prepped for school, learn how to use the potty, learn language and manners. All this teaching is stuck right next to my love where the love I have for you isn't all crammed with that other crap. Sooo, I'm hoping that I don't actually love you more, just have a more pure love for you. Is this even making sense? I mean, don't get all big headed and stuff, by the time you read this, I might love you less. ;)


The night of your one month birthday, you smiled at me. No burps or farting came after that smile and I knew it was real. You looked up at me and smiled. A week later, a pissy Charlotte was over tummy time and flipped right over to her back. YES. You flipped from tummy to back and was like, "Take that MOM, making me do tummy time, WHATEV." I'm pretty sure that is what you said.

If you think that is impressive, you chuckle now. Ugh, really, I die when you do that. You laugh and chuckle and are soooo happy. I seriously scored with you.

The only thing that makes you upset is when you see your big brother coming your way. His love for you has not lessened and he hugs you, lays on top to cuddle with you, tries to feed you animal cookies when I'm not looking. He will pick you up and carry you around the living room, shares his milk with you, pets your head to tell you "it's okay". I love how much he loves you but have to watch you like a hawk around him. It's hard to explain to him that loving you is fantastic but loving you too much can hurt. He loves on you so much, you have the look of fear in your eyes and will cry when you see him. Let me tell you, soon his hugs will turn to hits and you will WISH he showed his love the way he does now. Since you are too young, I'll do the appreciating for you.

I can't stop taking your picture or putting you in all sorts of outfits. Again, you are SOOO freaking loved by so many people. If it wasn't for friends and family, you would be kickin' it in Sawyer's hand-me-down blue overalls. But, here you are, two months old with an adorable wardrobe. How spoiled are you?!

Everyone says how strong you are but I'm not sure I see it. I keep comparing you to present day Sawyer and wonder why you aren't walking yet. BUT you hold your head up like a champ, can push your head and a tiny bit of your chest up from tummy time and stand when I hold onto your hands. I guess that is good enough for me.

Your two month appointment went perfectly. The white on your tongue is milk residue and not thrush. You are a little over eight pounds and for once the doctor didn't hound me for you not being bigger. She said you were gorgeous and I agree. I'm hoping your big blue eyes are here to stay.

Since I only have one picture on the computer I'm using, I'll leave you with that; a picture Aurora took that I LOVE and linked to in a previous post...



I love you sucker.

Your mom.

12 comments:

Aurora Sisneros said...

This might be the first post you've ever written where I don't have a smart-ass remark to make.

I am in awe of your amazing family. Lots of moms I know have a hard time with this age, and in the peaceful moments, you absolutely have found joy. I'm not sure everyone finds that, or gets to experience that, so I am entirely delighted that this is happening to my friend. :)

YAY CHARLOTTE!

Remind me to give her a HI FIVE when I see her.

wonderchris said...

Great post - and that picture is ADORABLE...but I think I said that before. Can it really be said TOO much...I don't think so.

:)

Juliana said...

This was very sweet Holly. I still cannot wait to meet her. I was wondering about all of that and how you deal with love when you have more than one child. Your kiddos will love these letters one day.

Red Shoes said...

Hey you... found you through Robin...

She is PRECIOUS!!!!!!

They do capture our hearts... don't they??

~shoes~

Jules said...

Since neither me or my friends have children yet, we are basically in constant awe of any little ones - I love the picture! You're kids are so lucky to have you as their mom!

G. B. Miller said...

Great post, fantastic pic.

And did you know that you can get all kind of free stuff, simply by taking your child out and about during your daily activities??

I did it with both of mine, and it was great.

Hope you're getting some freebies as well with her. :D

Robin said...

Looks like somebody has somebody wrapped around somebody's finger. Not naming any names. But I think you know where this is going.... and I totally get it. What a cutie patootie.

Unknown said...

What a sweet post and wonderful picture!

michelle b @ every little thing inspired said...

she's gorgeous!!
just found you thru a blonde walks into a blog! i'm your newest follower...xoxo

jules said...

Absolutely beautiful!

Alexandra said...

Adorable, and I know the love you mean. At 2 months, he had me in the palm of his hand with his drooly smiles...

MOMSICLE VIBE said...

She is SO lovely!!! I think it is wise of you to acknowledge and enjoy the time to love her purely. That is what this time is all about! Because later... they get mouthy and stuff :)