Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Where is his mustache?

I know you could really care less, or most likely, just don't want to hear it at all but-

I think my boobies are running out of milk.

This is sad.

Of course I come to this realization the day my husband finds an article stating that breastfed babies are more likely to go to college and get better grades, compared to their non-breast fed siblings. It was this whole study I'm not even going to get into.

This sucks because I don't want to pay for Sawyer's college. He better get good grades and scholarships because, duh, mommy and daddy didn't win the lottery last month.

That sucked too, because if we won, I would of bought all my followers a pony. Don't you want pony?

What really annoys me is the doctors are finally right, he is growing out of my supply. The thing is, they were NOT right before this week. Before this week, Sawyer was always satisfied after a nursing session. He wouldn't drink a sip of anything more after he finished. He finished up, we would hang out for a bit, then he would want down to go play nicely on the floor, AKA- throw crap all over our living room. This week has been different. This week, he pulls away, cries, swats at my boob, goes back to it, pulls away, swats at it, looks up frustrated hoping I will fix whatever is not feeding him enough. After one session yesterday, I had daddy make him a bottle and Sawyer pounded it almost as fast as I can pound beers.

Kidding.

We're about even.

Point is, I think the nursing is coming to an end soon and though I'm totally bummed, I'm a little happy that he won't be biting my nipples for the next few months.

Nipple biting is not cool.

I heard one of the girls in my playgoup had her nipple almost bitten off by her teething toddler.

Ouch.

So, I'm going to keep going, keep nursing. I'm going to nurse him whenever the hell we feel like it and, ugh I never wanted to do this, supplement with other stuff. Non-dairy stuff of course.

He's over one, we can grow up, move on, step away from the booby.

Slowly, we can.



Disclaimer: I've said it before and I'll say it again. Just because I feel strongly about feeding MY son breastmilk does not mean that I condone other ways. I feel any decision made for you and your family that was a conscience decision based on what is best for you and your family is the best decision, even if it's totally opposite than me. I feel like the choices we have to make as parents and mothers, breast versus formula, stay at home versus work, etc have became WAY too sensitive and I support the decision YOU make if that decision was based on doing good (Don't support giving your children black eyes, DO support the family bed, or never having the family bed). I have a friend that got sick of always having to wear a breastfeeding friendly shirt wherever she went and due to the shirt thing and a few other small reasons, was over breastfeeding. I'm cool with that, makes a happy mommy, and a happy mommy makes a happy baby. I have friends that would rather work than stay at home with their kids. That makes them happy, and that is awesome. I'm just sharing MY decision and MY frustrations with you, and you know what, I'll support your opposite (with good intentions) decisions all the way!


I love you guys. Heading to the Virgin Islands tonight so most likely will not be on for ten days. Please excuse the non-updated blog. Be good, stay out of trouble and I'll be back (hopefully with a tan, no hangover and lots of pictures) soon!!!

me.

2 comments:

Juliana said...

Swayer...step away from the boobie for a couple years at least.

Have a great trip!

MEGandJEFF said...

OK, I've been readin' your blog for a while now..HE-larious :) & since you've commented on mine, I feel I can now safely comment on yours w/o being scary-stalker-ish!
a) I'm sorry your little boy is growing up..I don't have kids, YET, but I hear it sucks when they stop, uh, sucking.

b)From the looks of your picture on your 'Rent' entry, you do NOT have very far to go to your orange, skinny, amazing abbed body. Wait. Make that NO. WHERE. to go!

c)Have fun on your trip! YAY for vacays!