Monday, June 8, 2009

Par-tay!

Sawyer's birthday party was on Saturday and it was a blast! We are so thankful for all our friends who showed up to celebrate this huge milestone with us and for those who were not able and still went out of their way just to say Happy Birthday. That kid is so loved!


The kids play area. They had a pool, mini ball pit and water table. The water table was a hit and of course I have no pictures of it!


Mmmmmmm...


The spread included rum punch, Blueberry lemon-aid, pb sandwiches, apple juice with crazy straws and more!



One of the only pics with me and Geoff together, we were just SOOO busy running around! Thanks lover for being such a great husband, daddy and party co-host.








His new pirate hat!




"Happy Birthday to YOU!" This is where I surprised myself by not crying.


Wasted no time digging in.


I was laughing the entire time he stuffed his face. The amount he ate made ME feel sick!


Half a cake later, we finally had to remove it from his tray. I think the entire thing would of been gone if we had not. THIS is what I had been looking forward to, just seeing him sooo content feeding himself handfuls of sugar. Happy birthday my baby boy!


He was on a sugar high the rest of the night. I'm in love with this picture. Eyes are closed, but he looks sooo happy and so content. He loved playing with his friends, splashing in water, tearing up paper, and sharing his first birthday with so many people we love!



Happy FIRST Birthday Sawyer! We love you forever and ever!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

omg how adorable!! it looks like you guys had such a great time!! I'm glad everything went well and that you made it through the song with no tears!!

G. B. Miller said...

Great pics.

Glad everyone had a good time.

The pirate hat pic was actually pretty funny because it looked like he didn't want to wear the hat.

Becky HIll said...

It was a great day and we are sure glad we could share it!

fallgirly said...

Happy Birthday Sawyer!! I can't believe how big and CUTE he is!! Awww