Sunday, June 14, 2009

La Vie Boheme

Thursday night, I along with one of our favorite couples, Dave and Becky went out and saw Rent. It was absolutely amazing. My husband didn't want to go, so he babysat. Hence, him not being in this picture. I wasn't too bummed. I knew he would hate the show and nothing is wrong with a free sitter!




Seeing Rent got me super duper excited to see Wicked in October. I love when good musicals come to Denver!!! Geoff is for sure going with me to see that one. It will be my second time seeing Wicked. This was my first time seeing Rent and I couldn't be more impressed. All of it makes me wish even more than before that I could get plastic surgery on my vocal stars and be a Broadway Star! It's just where I was meant to be, why can't anyone see it?!?!

And now, some of my favorite song lyrics of all time, La Vie Boheme!

To days of inspiration,
Playing hookey, making something
Out of nothing, the need
To express-
To communicate,
To going against the grain,
Going insane,
Going mad

To loving tension, no pension
To more than one dimension,
To starving for attention,
Hating convention, hating pretension,
Not to mention of course,
Hating dear old mom and dad

To riding your bike
Midday past the three piece suits-
To fruits- To no absolutes-
To Absolut- To choice-
To the Village Voice-
To any passing fad

To being an us- For once-
Instead of a them-


La Vie Boheme

3 comments:

Maggie May said...

i'm jealous :)

Matt said...

I really really want to see the Bronx tale. Its here until the end of June.

but the girl I am dating doesnt.

So obviously I am going to have to do something she she wants to do, first. You know how that whole leverage thing works?

hate it.

Unknown said...

Yeah Matt, don't know about that whole leverage thing. Geoff didn't want to go, so I said that was okay and still went. Is that bad?