Thursday, May 28, 2009

Randomness

Cheese Moth: It's no secret I hate dairy. Cheese, milk, creamy crap, any and all dairy I am no fan of. I recently discovered that I also have a hatred of moths. I feel like their goal in life is to fly in my ear aiming for ear wax. I've seen this once in real life and I'm scarred. I've never heard a grown man whimper in so much pain before that moment. I think moths flying into ears is inevitable and I don't want it to happen to me. Denver weather has been a little on the chilly side, so we have been keeping our door open, to capture the breeze, cool our house without having to turn on the air conditioner and each night we see a moth or two flying around. Each time I see the thing, I shriek, jump out of the way, hide in the bathroom, jump in bed and pull the covers over my face. ANYTHING to not experience a moth nose dive into my ear canal. Meanwhile, Geoff is running around the room trying best to capture the intruder before it pops my eardrum. Last night before we dozed off (after he caught two moths of course), Geoff started laughing. Laughing and laughing and laughing. When he was able to catch a breath he yells, " Watch out for the Cheese Moth! Ahhh-ha-ha-ha, WHAT would you do if it was a moth made of CHEESE?! Oh, that would be sooo funny, your WORST nightmare!" I pictured it, an orangey, shiny, hot moth. Shiny because he keeps flying into lights, melting his cheese like body, flapping his cheese wing furiously to get away before he burns, cheese flinging onto me each time he flies over my head (eyeing my ear obviously), and yes, the thought absolutely terrifies me!

Old Man Cake: Yesterday I went a cute little bakery in Denver to order a cake for Sawyer's Birthday. No, I'm not the mom that makes him special cakes. I'm not even the mom that can make him cookies. I'm not that mom. So, I went into this place based on a recommendation from a friend who had a damn cute cake for her son. I realized after I started to order that I had NO idea what I was doing or what I wanted. "I don't know, blue, green, like grass green, and cool and hip. I want it to be cool and hip and I don't want the frosting to taste like whip cream because I HATE WHIP CREAM! Oh, and boy like. Cool, hip, boy like." The baker chick just looked at me an nodded. "It will be ready that morning." is all she said and I left. Driving home I realized that my description is not the best and I have NO idea what I will be picking up next Saturday. I'm guessing most likely it will resemble an old mans cold hip. Nice. Happy Birthday Sawyer, your mom sucks.

Dreams: My dreams have been ALL OVER THE PLACE lately. Absolutely crazy dreams. Last night I was vacationing at a club med, but the activities were not very club med like. There was shooting and cowboy stuff and horseback riding. Just before I woke, it was my turn to shoot targets while on my horse. I don't know how to ride a horse, or shoot anything besides a water gun so this was odd. I remember walking in to get my horse and his head fell off. Everyone said that it was very common, and to hurry and put the horse's head back on and go get my ammo, everyone was waiting. I didn't want to pick up this horses heavy head and really didn't know how I was going to lift it up onto his neck considering I'm so short. I woke up slightly disturbed.

The night before that, I had a dream I was on the beach with walking, talking orca whales. Walking upright on their tales, taking pictures with all the beach goers except when it was my turn, no one knew how to use a camera. We tried several times and I never got a picture. I remember being so angry thinking, NO ONE IS GOING TO BELIEVE ME NOW!!!

Itchy: I'm a little over my itch for kids. I think that was like a week long thing that I'm totally over for right now. I can't help but think about the fourth of July camping and how I want to be able to have a drink, and the broadway shows we are going to see and how I want to be able to have a drink, and parties we have coming up and how I want to be able to have a... well, you get it. I think I need to get over drinks. But watermelon mojitos, and apple ginger martinis and mango-jalepeno margaritas?!?! OH MY!


Love you all and hope your having a great week! Watch out for cheese moths and HAVE A DRINK!

me.

1 comment:

bernthis said...

Hey there: just wanted you to know that there is no way you are in any small way a Jew b/c those in our tribe worship dairy.