Friday, May 1, 2009

Dear Sawyer: 11 Months!!!



Today marks your eleven month birthday. ALMOST a year! In honor of this day, I had three chocolate chip cookies before 7 am. Who says I don't know how to party?

You have been SO much fun this month! I am just in love with all this fun! You're hilarious, you realize that you can do things to make us laugh and then ham it up. You do this thing on the changing table where you act super serious, grab my arm, stick your mouth to it, pause for a bit and then CRACK up. It's like you just played the funniest joke on me ever. I'm still not sure what it means or how you thought that one up, but you think it's great and so do I.

Anything that is mommy or daddy's is apparently Sawyers. How silly of us to think that your toys are for you and our toys are for us. You know how to operate the remote better than me and daddy put together. Closed caption, adjusting brightness, muting the TV, turning it on, you've got this all down. Not to say that we let you watch TV, you know I was super against you watching TV, but it's the remote. You love the remote and when the TV is off, it goes on, it goes mute, it goes crazy, until we take away that 'toy'. This is probably why we are having a problem with our TV, we let you play with the remote! Back to me being against TV, I've got to say, when I need a free minute, JUST ONE PLEASE GOD, I turn on a sign language recording. It calms you and I can do something without you in tow. I have hopes you will actually pick up a sign or two, because we all know, you can care less about the signing I do for you! Geeze!



Lets talk mobility. You are everywhere now! You army crawl all over the place. You are on the lookout for anything dropped. If we drop something on the floor, you bolt towards it, racing us to get there before we realized we dropped it and then pick it back up. I guess you realize anything we drop and pick up must be something you shouldn't have, therefore, something way more fun than all the toys you have. I'm dropping stuff on purpose just to see you motor around. It's super cute! You are also great at walking. You walk holding onto our hands and want us to walk you everywhere. I have to take breaks for a back stretch.

At one month away from your birthday, I'm in the beginning stages of planning your birthday party. It's going to be so much fun! It's going to be a water, splash theme outside. Making the list, I realize you actually have a lot of friends and I can't wait to celebrate that day with everyone. I've told you before, I'm not very crafty, hell, I'm not crafty even at all but I wanted to make your invites by hand. I want special invitations for your special day. I called my most crafty friend who gave some advice, go to Michaels and get a kit. First off, if you are anyone but Martha Stewart, Michaels is a scary place. I would rather be in 5 points in the middle of the night with a sign that says, "I'm easy" than be in Michaels. I had no idea what I was doing. I wondered around aimlessly waiting for someone to notice my helplessness and take me under their crafty wing. No one helped me. I finally found where I needed to be. I found a kit for everything but a birthday, leaving me to sit down in the isle reading a 'How to Make Cards' Book. I found one I liked a little, bought a bunch of stuff and exercised my creative mind. Let me tell you, I am SOOO proud of myself. I told daddy how proud I am of me about a hundred times the day your cards started coming together. Once I buy the envelopes (because for some reason envelopes don't come with cards in crafty stores?!?!) they will be in the mail. Yay!

We have had a lot of fun this month and had a packed schedule. We continue with the swim lessons with your bud Ethan and you two are doing sooo well. You kick and splash and have a blast in the water. I was really worried that you would hate it, but that isn't the case. Each time you and Ethan are in the water, Becky and I can't help but talk about our upcoming sailing vacation and now that you like the water as much as Ethan, you are really going to have a good time in the warm ocean waters! We spent another weekend in Conifer, you went to your first baseball game, we take lots of walks when the weather is warm, had a few picnics in the park, and play dates once a week. Phew, you make me tired!



I feel like this month, you have turned the baby corner. You aren't very babyish anymore. Each picture I take of you, I look at and wonder what happened to my newborn. Where is that baby face I love? You look so mature, so little boy like. Your personality is moving from baby to boy and all the milestones you have been hitting prove to me that I'm not a mommy to a newborn, I'm not a mommy to a baby. I'm a mommy to a toddler, a little boy. Bittersweet. Amazing and sad. Sad that this is going so fast. Amazing to see you grow, to see the influence we have in you, to see your eyes widen and wonder at things you've never noticed before. To see you understand your body more and more. Your hands are waving hi and clapping when you are happy. Your feet take steps, one in front of the other and this gets you places. You know when mommy is stern and that hurts you. Before you laughed like I was being funny, now you tear up instantly and just want to be held, to know that even though I was stern to get your attention away from something that could of been dangerous, I still love you. I do still love you. I'll love you forever and ever!


Your mommy!

5 comments:

kuhkjhkh said...

aww yay for him! and you! he's too stinkin cute!

Maggie May said...

a heartfelt post to your boy, who is mighty handsome and cute!!!

Unknown said...

Oh. My. Gosh. I think my uterus did a backward flip when it saw that first picture of Sawyer. He is a doll!

Becky HIll said...

That's awesome! one other thing we packed in this month that we both forgot was fly fishing...

Unknown said...

Haha, thanks everyone, I think he's cute too, but I'm his mom, I have to!

Becky- We totally forgot about fishing. That was fun! We need to show the boys up next time!