Tuesday, May 19, 2009

The Ones Who Didn't Know

Still busy. Still really effin busy. I head to California for less than two days for one of my bestest friend's graduation. I'm sooo proud of her.

Moving on.

Last night, like every Monday night, I completed the triple threat. Three aerobics classes in one night. The last class, the students and I ended up discussing people who have babies in toilets, cars, closets who said they NEVER knew they were pregnant. Nope, never knew.

I don't believe these people for even a second.

How do you not know SOMETHING is up?

How?

The stories are pretty similar. Bigger girl, doctor said she could never get pregnant, has periods throughout pregnancy, and so on.

I ask, does your baby move? DOES YOUR BABY MOVE? Is there something inside you that is kicking the Holy crap out of your bladder and if so, get it checked out! Did you swallow a squirrel perhaps and now he is living inside your organs scratching to get out? Check it out! Ask a doctor! Google for Gods sake. Do something.

So, your pregnant, the doctor said it was impossible, you have no symptoms, no morning sickness, backache, headaches, pimple face skin, an extra 30 pounds in just a few months, super sore boobies, bigger boobies, milk leaking boobies, you have no symptoms except movement that gets stronger and stronger, so strong it actually keeps you up and night and YES you have had sex before. If you have had sex before and you feel something brewing in your down there, GET CHECKED OUT!

I believe in denial. I believe girls don't want to tell their parents, their families, their doctors that YES, they are sexually active, even if it was only once. I believe in denial due to low access to health care, but not for one second do I believe that these girls had NO idea.

Another girl in my class absolutely believed in people not knowing they were pregnant until that baby ends up in some urine water and seemed a bit angry that I didn't believe them as well.

She said every pregnancy is different and she is right.

She said she has never been pregnant, so she can't speak for those who have been there. She is right.

She seemed a bit upset I didn't give any of these girls the benefit of the doubt. There I go speaking my mind even if I'm the only one who has my view point.

I don't care, I think it's it's a case of denial and stupidity. I think if you are old enough to let a guy stick his junk in you, you are old enough to know what that can lead to. Medical science has led us in wrong directions many times before, and our bodies are pretty amazing. You have sex, you can get pregnant even if doctors say it's impossible and if 9 months from then, you experience insanely heavy cramping, get yourself to the hospital, you, my idiot, might be having a baby. A baby you put in harms way by not opening your eyes to what sex leads to because you wanted to save face.

Am I harsh? Do you really think it's possible to not know you are pregnant until you push it out of your vajay-jay?

5 comments:

G. B. Miller said...

Yes.

It is possible.

If the woman in question was incredibly fat.

Otherwise, no.

It's not.

Anonymous said...

some girl ruined hubs and I announcement of our engagement because she popped out a kid and "didnt know she was pregnant"... way to steal the thunder!!

Jenny said...

OMG Holly, you must have been watching the same shows I have been lately! (Darn middle of the day, nothing else on TV) I'm with you completely, these people are just stupid! Yes, most were overweight and thought they were infertile, but isn't it worth peeing on a stick just to be sure when all the weird health problems start? I saw a couple of girls that were tiny, like just over 100 lbs, and never gained more than a few ounces, and ended up having full-term healthy babies. WTF? I don't get that!

I remember being able to forget I was pregnant for all of 2 minutes when I would first wake up sometimes, but then someone would kick the crap out of my ribs to lovingly remind me they were there. Maybe we just have needy kids who constantly want our attention? That's okay, because how can you possibly use the "I went through 22 1/2 hours of labor to bring you into this world" stories if you never do it? Being pregnant was the most amazing, awesome thing I've ever experienced(twice, haha), so really, I just feel sorry for these women.

SweetPeaSurry said...

AMEN sistah!!! Seriously, how could you NOT know? I don't care if you're a four hundred lb typing gorilla, you should know.

How do these people NOT know their own bodies, they've only LIVED in them all their lives.

Keep on speaking ya mind girl!

fallgirly said...

Fat or not fat, how can you not know? I had a relatively easy pregnancy (no morning sickness) and still knew something was up by week 5. WEEK 5. And if you aren't that in tune with your body how the hell can you not feel the freaking contractions? Um worst pains of my life. You have to. Call me a pessimist but I believe they're all liars!