Friday, June 18, 2010

Tid Bits

I totally suck because I haven't been blogging.

My little guy is sick and cranky all day.

My daughter is as high maintenance as I predicted and doesn't sleep at nigh.

I make strong coffee in the morning.

Southwest found sixty severed human heads in their cargo. They said, "They weren't packed correctly." This is maybe a dumb questions but is there a correct way to pack severed human heads? Just wondering.

I found an awesome dresser on Craigslist that I am refinishing and it feels so empowering to use power tools and make something look better than it did before, you know, if I don't screw it up and make it look worse. I'm still proud of myself for the great find because, hell, furniture is expensive!

Sawyer's room is almost finished and I've started on the guest room. Geoff was hanging shadow boxes and questioning my placement but everything he has questioned me on so far has turned out JUST like I wanted. He looks back at what I did, usually going against his advice and said (no joke), "Yeah, ummm, I think you have good vision for decorating." Though I'm liking what I've done, doesn't EVERYONE like the way THEY decorate? I'm sure the previous owners really thought using kids stickers as wall decor was awesome. NOT AWESOME and NOT EASY to take off!

I got a bloggy award a while back and will be posting it and spreading the love once I get two hands back. Yes, I typed all this with one hand while feeding the kiddo. I also typed the whole birth story with one hand, I think that deserves another kind of award.


I love you guys to the Indian ocean and back and will bring more updates and pictures soon!!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

ohhh stickers on the wall? I stuck those glow in the dark stars on my wall once and then 10 years later when I realized they were still there, they were hard as SHIT to get down! I hated myself at the moment.

SurferWife said...

You have a new baby. You totally have a get out of bloggy jail free card for that.

And wtf about the severed heads? Grody.

Diva's Thoughts said...

You are busy! Wow! Can't wait for more updates and pictures.

Tickled Pink Mandy said...

haha.. too funny!

im sure you are super busy, but youre ears must have been ringing... totally left you a blog award on my blog last night!

Juliana said...

Heads? OMG. I am going to have to look that up. You are supermom.

MOMSICLE VIBE said...

OK Wonder Woman, you are making me look bad. I am sitting in an office that is in such need of a makeover I hear weeping quietly to itself every night. Must. get. decorating. (and organizing!).

High five - you seem to be doing AMAZING :)

SweetPeaSurry said...

Can't wait to see the new pictures of whatever transformation your making at the present time. YAY! You're such a talent, are you stripping and sanding that furniture one handed too? I'm colored amazed!!!

And on those notes, I agree with SurferWife, you totally have a get out of blog free card!

Hugs and blessings!