Monday, June 7, 2010

Project Nursery: COMPLETE

I finally have nursery pictures. Who is going to kill me now that every post is baby related? I'm so lame. I was dying to get a nursery together and this one came out JUST like I had visioned. I'm soooo happy with it. Not only do I think it's perfect but it was on a super tight budget (Under $200, half that being paint and primer.) , we did JUST buy a house meaning, um, we can't buy much else!


Here is the final result of the crib bedding. I sewed all of it. I actually LEARNED to sew on this project.


Fairies instead of a mobile. I can't believe how much a mobile cost these days and I actually like these better. (Pottery Barn Kids)


The flowers above the changing table are from Urban Outfitters. These were maybe the most expensive thing in the room minus the paint and primer but I HAD to have them. I actually was eying these before I knew there was a girl brewing in my uterus.


My very awesome Father in Law bought us a rocker. I don't have pictures yet but in this corner is a fully upholstered creme rocker and ottoman that I LOVE!


Can I talk about how annoying these squares were to put up?! First I had one measurement off by 1/2 an inch and it messed up everything soI had to re-design the square layout. I painted the walls and ceiling all by myself (at 9 months prego), Geoff cut the moulding, I painted it, drilled holes in it and put up almost every square. It was tough getting them all to match up and be level with each other. Basically, this will be the last time I do something like that BUT I love how it turned out!


Next up is Sawyer's room. I'm in the process of sewing curtains now. Pictures to come soon!

10 comments:

Annie said...

WOW!!!! very impressive on the sewing skills and staying on budget!!
everything turned out perfect!! i love your little dolls nursery :)
you should be very proud of yourself!!
hope you and the fam are doing wonderful! :)

fallgirly said...

I love it! Can you sew me some curtains for my kitchen??? I need some badly, can't find a pattern I like though...

wonderchris said...

Love the nursery!!! The bedding is too cute - and the fairies are PERFECT!!!

Tickled Pink Mandy said...

wow-- i love it!!!

Stacey-Lou said...

oh wow! it's like a fairytale room!x

Furry Bottoms said...

This is absolutely fantastic!!! I love the little fairies!!!

Aurora Sisneros said...

Guuuurl, you done the sewing community proud!!!! I love it!!!

jessikahsd said...

Looks amazing! Go you!

Diva's Thoughts said...

Ok, I am in love with that nursey!!!!!

SweetPeaSurry said...

That is some pretty amazing work!!! I'm tres impressed!!!

I hope you and the babe are doing well and that Sawyer isn't too jealous. :)

blessings!