Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Refinished my first dresser!

Last week I took on my first transformation project: a dresser. I wanted to find Sawyer a dresser that would double as his changing table until I get the kid out of diapers. RIght now he cries when we talk about the big boy toilet and says he likes poop in his diapers. Seriously. I'm in no rush to potty train but I am on a budget so I found this beauty on Craigslist. I mean, can you believe how much furniture made from REAL WOOD cost right now? If it wasn't for craigslist, my world would be particle board.

Here she is, not bad, ey?



Until you look at the top.



A drive to Home Depot, lots of sanding, a full day wearing a mask that freaked the Hell out of Sawyer and a few coats of Shellac and you have this:



I wanted to keep it pretty natural to match the rest of his room. I'm almost finished with his room, just need some more wall decor and a few special touches and I'll bring you all pictures! Until then, here is his newly finished dresser:



This picture came out a bit orange but you get the drift.



This was sooo much easier than I expected and am looking for more trash to treasure pieces I can play with!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

looks awesome!

MEGandJEFF said...

NICE!! That looks so great, girl!

Jenny said...

I bet hubs is having second thoughts about tossing that nasty old couch now that he can see your fantastic furniture restoration skills! Once you finish with your house, you should buy all kinds of crap on craigslist, finish it, and resell it. Seriously. You'd make a fortune. Great job super mama!!

Decorchick! said...

It looks great!! Awesome job. :)

MOMSICLE VIBE said...

Can't wait for final results. Nicely done.