Monday, June 6, 2011

Sawyer and Charlotte's Lemonade Stand Birthday Party

First I have to say I LOVE this party! It came out adorable and I'm so thankful for everyone that helped me pull this off.

Last year I was way too exhausted, busy, and lazy to give Sawyer a party. I had Charlotte six days before his birthday. Instead we threw some cake mix in the oven and called it a day. This year I wanted them to have a GREAT birthday party. Sawyer is at the age he can remember things and it's Charlotte's first ever birthday. How could we NOT throw a party?!

Sooo, maybe I went a little overboard...

Welcome to our Lemonade Stand Birthday Party!






























A few details: After searching a zillion places for something cute to put in the goody bags, I decided I was going to make each kid an apron for the party. Yeah, brilliant idea when you are super busy as it is! After two days and calling every fabric store in the Denver area, I finally found some lemon fabric and went to town. I was afraid the aprons would be too lame for some of the older kids but just about everyone loved them and the kids looked ADORABLE!

Geoff made the lemonade stand and wanted me to tell everyone his goal was to make it look like a kid made it. He says he used his level to make sure it WASN'T level. I love that guy!

Being sure I was not going to cry, I handed the cake to Sawyer while everyone sang and totally bawled. Yeah, I'm THAT mom.

All in all, it was a huge success and am sooo happy we decided to throw a party this year. Go parties!

I wanted to say a huge thank you to Jenny. She helped me nail down a theme and gave me GREAT ideas for party activities. She is so creative and all around amazing!

I also wanted to thank Melissa. Without her, this party would be decorated so lame! This girl is brilliant and needs to start her own party decorating store. She designed the banners, water bottle labels, menu, and just about everything else you see in this party. A huge, huge thank you Melissa, you are soooo talented!

9 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Everything looks so cute! I love the aprons.

I read a couple of party websites, like Hostess with the Mostest and Kara's Party Creations, and your party is right up there with anything they feature!

Driscoll Duo said...

adorable!

wonderchris said...

The apron idea is fabulous!! What a great party...and you looked amazing in your polka dot number! Looks like so much fun!

stephanie said...

I'm stealing like all of those ideas! I love it!

Brandy@YDK said...

It is absolutely fantastic.

Bobby, Jenny, Bryce and Leah said...

WOW!! You should totally submit it to one of those party websites! It turned out perfect!!!

G. B. Miller said...

Holy cow!

Everything looked fantastic. Gotta compliment both you and the mister for doing such an outstanding job on the party.

Amber said...

How precious!!!!!

That is the cutest idea for a birthday party, I love all the decorations and the apron idea is really cute. Who wouldn't love something worth keeping from a party instead of a bag of candy and crayons?? Beautiful!

Unknown said...

What a wonderful idea for a party!The aprons are so cute! I bet everyone loved having one to take home.