Thursday, September 3, 2009

The Last Supper

Confession: I have a new obsession.

Elk antler chandeliers.

I know right? WHERE THE HELL DID THAT COME FROM?!?!

We are back to looking at houses. We are, we are. I'm a little less spastic. A little less 'OMG IF I DON'T GET THIS HOUSE I MAY DROP OVER DEAD!' Isn't that sooo good for me?!

Here is the thing, our condo has been on the market for a while ( Anyone? Anyone?) and Geoff has been out of a job but thank freaking everything, he had a little interview yesterday. So, we were on the hunt.

And we found one.

And we put in a bid.

And I heart it with my beating bloody muscle of a heart.

But just when I THOUGHT I wasn't going to go crazy or mentally decorate each room or mentally pick out the furniture and paint colors and scour HGTV's Rate my Space page for rooms I want to copy, I got worse.

I became obsessed with finding the perfect chandelier for our new dining room. Our dining room in the house in the mountains.


(Found here)

Did you hear that? I said 'our' like it's ours already BUT check it out!

Do you like it? Do you like it? Too bad for me because that one cost like a gazillion dollars and I don't make that much money teaching aerobics.

So, I've been scouring Ebay and found a few I like and almost put in a bid... until I realized we DIDN'T have the house (yet) and WHAT would I do with the thing? Where would I hang it?

It would make a great entry way piece here except our ceiling is too low and it would cause severe puncture wounds to anyone that walked in our door. That isn't a very welcoming welcome.

I thought over our current dining room table but again the whole ceiling height thing stands in the way. It would look like an exaggerated thorn crown over the heads of all our dinner guests. We would all look like really uncomfortable eating and drinking Jesus'.

We could hang it above our bed but then again where would we sleep?

I didn't purchase the chandelier and am thinking I should stick to diaper bags.


ALSO'S

Also- I think butter taste weird.
Also- I've been busy and am now catching up with your blogs. Please forgive my tartiness!
Also- My husband said I really needed to get my hair done. When my husband points it out, how bad is it really? I'm assuming at this point people stand on the street, point and laugh.
Also- I'm so over sweet things. It's official. Give me dolmas over chocolate any day!
Also- We have a little video of our dream house here... it's a little long and keep in mind it's suppose to foreclose today and the owners just destroyed it. WE are just the right family it needs to receive the lovin' it deserves...
Also- I love you guys!!!!!!!
Also- I'm not sure if that video tag will work since it's on facebook but whatev, thought I would try.
Also- I'm really dorky in it, be forewarned...

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I reallllly wish that i could watch it! facebook is blocked! ugh!!!

bodoba said...

I'm glad you caught yourself before bidding on an antler chandelier, that would've sucked not having a space for it and buying it just to put into storage until you got a house.

The Skinny Mom said...

Love the house! I hope you guys get it...

bernthis said...

Yeah, please wait to hang that thing until you move b/c if you don't I'm not coming over till you do, too dangerous.

MEGandJEFF said...

What a great house! I love the doors :) I really hope you get your house! Really! I'm not a pray-ee type o' girl, but I'll cross my fingers (and toes) for ya! Sending happy, elk antler chandeliered thoughts your way!

Anonymous said...

Did you get it?? Good luck!

fallgirly said...

I say you get it and then we come visit! We're looking for houses too, I remember when we put our first offer in and I was all nervous, like we would actually get it. Ha! Silly me...6 months later and we still haven't gotten one. I'm saying prayers for both of us!

Maggie May said...

i hope you get your house :)

Staci A said...

Fingers crossed that you get it. Good luck!