Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Hoping my toe nail doesn't fall off like LAST time!

I decided I need to be selfish.

Geoff's video games send me over the edge. I want video games to burn in Hell with red hot fire ants biting their little CD or plastic or virtual bodies

I get so cranky when they have my husband's attention.

The next thing I know, I'm super pissed remembering all the times he didn't change that poopy diaper.

It's not healthy.

And seriously moms, when was the last time you were truly selfish? One day I was like, "I'm going to buy myself something and be selfish."

Geoff was like, "Cool, what?"

"A better cutting board."

Ummm, why, so I can chop FASTER for the meals I cook for everyone every night?

Then I said, "Self, you need to come first sometimes, like totally and completely first. Remember how much you love to run? Maybe you should finally sign up for a marathon in Colorado?'

And because I'm ALWAYS right, (Trust me, I am.) I searched marathons in Colorado and guess what popped up?

The first ever Rock 'n' Roll Marathon IN Denver! I mean, it was soooo meant to be! It's kind of like when I met Geoff and thought he was cute and knew one day we would would get to make out forever and ever in that first second I met him.

I only have two and half months to train so this probably is not my brightest idea but I've pulled a marathon out of my butt before... after a night of sake drinking. Not a fun 26.2 miles, I'll tell you THAT!

So basically, I'm going to make out with marathon on October 17th, one day before my birthday, and you should totally come see. I also won't turn down any birthday presents if you just HAPPEN to be that way with your wrapping paper...

(I'm also excited because I talked another blogger who always makes me laugh into doing it too. I had to bribe her with mojitos but hey, whatever works right?)

Peace, love and LOTS of running and chaffing in spots I won't mention,

me.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahah Good Luck chicky!!

Aurora Sisneros said...

Dude, this is rad. If I wasn't DYING to be a fake photographer, I'd ditch this wedding, but it is like a DREAM for me to shoot one. SO, gotta skip the marathon. Never ran one before, which is stupid cuz I run EVERY morning, but its on my list of things to do! I am cheering for you!

Robin said...

When you said Rock n Roll Marathon, I thought you had lucked up and found an all night dance contest. You actually are still talking about running. 26 miles you say? Well, good luck with that. I thought you said you wanted to do something FOR YOU? Keep us posted.

wonderchris said...

Okay, save the mojitos for AFTER the marathon and you are golden!!

You are gonna kick marathon ass!!

:D

Anna Whiston-Donaldson said...

Awesome! You go girl!

funny in the 'hood said...

You ran a marathon after drinking sake? You are my hero!

fallgirly said...

I can't believe you can run 26.2 miles. You owe me an email and please add how the heck you can do this to it. I just started jogging in May and I am barely at 2 miles. But I did sign up for a 5k mudrun oct. 16. I wish we lived closer to train together!!

Jenny said...

Dude, consider that your warm up... the Rock-n-Roll Marathon in VEGAS is in December!! I say we all have a lil reunion and run... hmm, r-n-r at the r-n-r? I'm so witty, it's ridiculous.
Good luck girly, I hear mojitos have lots of electrolytes, so drink up! ;)

Jules said...

This goal only adds to your awesomeness! Good luck!

MOMSICLE VIBE said...

The word marathon makes me want to curl up and have a looong nap. Then go out for an ice cream. Good for you!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alexandra said...

Good luck to you! You do need to do this.

Unknown said...

I hate when my hubby plays Wii, because he gets extremely agitated. Kinda travels to the rest of the family... Argh!

Good luck in your race. Apply some powder or cream or sumfin' to those chafing regions. Been there. Ouch, babe.

MEGandJEFF said...

So....the lure of the mojitos is what keeps me runnin' up those hills, woman!! I'm super psyched!!

No. Seriously. I am!