Tuesday, March 23, 2010

31 Weeks Pregnant!


(Week 31 with Sawyer. Photo by HickeyJames.com)

If this baby is anything like my cravings, I can skip all the breastfeeding worries and just fill her bottles with Cholula Hot Sauce. That's my girl!

Also, do you hit a new low when cat food commercials make you hungry?

But in all seriousness, am I really eight months? Wow.

The last few weeks went by without a problem. No acid reflux, no pains, no weird hormonal mind takeovers, just normal if you can say peeing every 3 minutes is on the normal side. This pregnancy really is as boring as it could be. I guess I don't have gestational diabetes since my doctor didn't mention anything in my last 3 second visit so all is good.

We still don't have a house meaning almost everything we own is locked up in some storage unit including all things baby: infant car seat, breast pump, crib, toys, blankets, clothes and more. To put it simply, that is a plea for this little girl to stay in as long as possible. Maybe go overdue... I'm just sayin'.


I was in and out of California this weekend for a wedding. I didn't tell anyone and knew I had no time to make visits so I'm pretty sure some people that read this are going to kill me. I still love you guys! Anyway, the flight to California was Hell. I mean, it was on time (shockingly) I sat closer to the back than the front (I miss first class.) and cramped liked crazy. The cramps actually hurt a bit, more than a bit, more like really uncomfortable, and non stop. I figured it would stop when we landed and thankfully they did. I just don't want to go into any sort of labor especially away from my husband! Well, 48 hours later, I was back on a plane and expecting the same thing. My uterus was much happier on the flight back, and surprised myself to wake up mid fight not recalling take off.

This girl is still incredibly strong. Geoff was feeling some movement last night and we laughed each time she kicked. She is so much stronger than Sawyer ever was and kicks me to the point where I feel pain. Geoff looked surprised after one specific kick and said, " WOW, I think she is pretty much ready to be born!" I won't say this often but don't listen to your dad on that one!

I'm back to eating pretty healthy. All I want is fruit and salads with the occasional soft chocolate chip cookie or eight.

Sawyer points to my stomach every time I ask him where his sister is and even pokes her with his sippy cup thinking he is giving her milk. Though his actions directed to her so far are cute, we aren't sure how he will really act when the attention is not on him every second of the day. During our last baking frenzy, we would turn to see Sawyer with his lego box on his head, screaming and running into walls. He'll do anything for our attention back so whatever stunts he pulls after this girl is out might be video camera worthy. I just need to remind myself to keep the batteries charged!

Everyone keeps asking if this is it. Umm, we really aren't sure. Geoff wants like a hundred kids and I don't know this is our last baby but an army of 100 sounds a little too, ummm, much? I think I for sure want another one but we'll take it as it comes. I've only had one kid, lets see how we handle two, geeze! BUT, I'm kinda thinking I want three: Sawyer can be the older spoiled one that gets all the new stuff and most of the love. Baby two comes along, she gets no special maternity pics or 4D ultrasounds, she gets hand me downs even if they are boy things, no sparkling stocking, and a complex about it all. We wait a while for baby three because lets face it, mommy needs some time to drink, and once we deicide to have baby three, we are all excited to have a baby again (It's been a while.) and she is super spoiled and her parents true BABY.

See how well we plan, in your face to everyone that said I wouldn't make a good parent!

Onto the mid section:






P.S. This is my first time on blogger (and most of the internet) in like 6 days. Forgive me while I play catch up! Love you guys!!!

15 comments:

Salt said...

I'm new to your blog and I just wanted to say CONGRATS! That is so exciting! I hope I look as great as you do when I'm 8 months pregnant. :)

Aurora Sisneros said...

Dude, we cannot even decide if we ever even want to have ONE. Three?!?! You are a far braver man than me, Gunga Din!

Um, don't feel bad - I eat 8 cookies and am not even pregnant.

NOM NOM NOM

G. B. Miller said...

That first pic was incredibly awesome. Kudos to whoever took it.

Now, onto other things.

Were you mad traveling on a plane in your state of being??????

:D

And good luck with everything...perhaps we can do a pool on when you'll finally (pardon the expression) pop?

meredith said...

1. you look amazing!

2. you wouldn't believe the number of commercials that make me hungry and some of them aren't even involving food. like it could be a dish soap commercial, and it makes me think of plates, which makes me think of putting food on plates, which makes me huuungry! gahh, i wonder what that says about me!! haha

The Skinny Mom said...

OMG.... You look SO cute! I am seriously loving the brown 'do, too. Where is your temp place? When are we going to see you at another MOMS Club event??? We miss you!

Tickled Pink Mandy said...

You look great!!

Maggie May said...

You look adorable!

Chelsea Talks Smack said...

FREAKING ADORABLE.

Therese said...

Love the bump. Almost makes me want to be pregnant again. Almost. So excited to hear your birth story and see new baby pics - though, all in good time, no rush little bebe! Hope you keep feeling great :)

PS: My cravings never went away - if ONLY I could be satisfied with fruit!

Stephanie said...

Oh my gosh!! You look so beautiful. You will treasure these pictures forever \;)

Diva's Thoughts said...

I think Sawyer is going to love playing big brother to his little sister.

Laura @ My Thoughts-Uninterrupted said...

You look awesome!

SPEAKING FROM THE CRIB said...

wow!!! 8 months! you look awesome

Aurora Sisneros said...

By the way, LOVE that pic of you in the water. I saw that right after you gave it to him, and he was freaking out over it. Meow!

Babe in Babeland said...

YOU LOOK AMAZING!!!