Monday, September 26, 2011

On My Honor

I feel like I've had a string of bad luck with sucky people lately.

Mean people.

Selfish and controlling and immature people.

Where's the love?

If you start a conversation off with, "I don't mean to be a -insert B word or A word here- but..."
Then CHANGE what  you were going to say

 or don't say anything at all.

Since I've pursued photography more, I've run into some rude-ish photographers.  And it's funny because so many people in customer service complain about the costumers/clients but I've had nothing but amazing experiences with my clients.   I LOVE my clients.

What I have an issue with is other people complaining and not building each other up.

So I wanted to let everyone know,

On my honor, I will try-

To be nice.  To never start a conversation off with "I don't meant to be a B-word but...".  To encourage others.  To make others feel the best I can.  To be honest and never fake.  To not complain that it's a saturated market and put every other photographer down so I get the business.  To teach what I know.  To learn what I don't.  To refer other photographers to a potential client when I know I'm not the best fit.  To shake hands and give hugs.  To smile. To give back.

Because the world can be nice.

Because we make up the world.

5 comments:

SkippyMom said...

They're the same people that start a sentence with "I'm not racist, but...." Oh yes, you are. Sigh.

I just try to rise above people like you describe. If they want to be miserable, catty and b*tches then let them. It's their miserable life. My life is too short and too much fun not to treat others like I wish to be treated. Y'know?

Hang in there. Once word gets out how amazing you are - what others say won't matter. It will just sound petty and mean. Which it is.

Kristina P. said...

Anytime you have a "but" in there, it's going to be bad.

Furry Bottoms said...

Here's the love for you.... LOVEloveLOVEloveLOVEloveLOVEloveLOVEloveLOVEloveLOVEloveLOVEloveLOVEloveLOVEloveLOVEloveLOVEloveLOVEloveLOVEloveLOVEloveLOVEloveLOVEloveLOVEloveLOVEloveLOVEloveLOVEloveLOVEloveLOVEloveLOVEloveLOVEloveLOVEloveLOVEloveLOVEloveLOVEloveLOVElove

Yes, people have been sucky lately. I think it is that the universe is out of whack.

audrey2750 said...

You're awesome Holly! You already are super positive and supportive of others. Don't let negative people get you down...just filter them out of your life before they get to ya. Love You!!!

Red Shoes said...

No, people who start off a comment with 'I'm not a racist, but...' are not necessarily racists...

Holly, some people just don't know how to be happy... some people feel they need to spread their misery among others...

As for your photography, nothing speaks stronger of you than the work you do.

You are going to be fine...

~shoes~