Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Halloween Inspiration

I switched over to the new blogger and have been scared away ever since. How do I work this thing???

 Over it and moving on.

 Two years ago, I was pregnant with Charlotte, super lazy and had no Halloween costume for Sawyer. Bad mommy. One year ago I knew he had to be something so I grabbed a lion costume at Target while walking by. No long thought process, no pressure. THIS year I want something cute, vintagey, original, handmade. And I can't find a thing. Any suggestions? This is probably the last year I can override him.

 I've been on an Etsy hunt since a few weeks ago. There are some cute infant costumes. Adorable girl costumes and almost zero boy costumes. Does dressing boys cute EVER get easy?!?! Since I've been scouring Etsy, I figured I would post some of my favorite costumes making YOUR job as mommy or daddy WAY easier. (You can thank me in paypal donations...)



  Sack of Taters!!! I don't think an infant costume gets much cuter. Can someone PLEASE buy this?!?!
(Image from link above) 




 Does Alice in Wonderland EVER get old? How about this adorable Drink Me costume???
(Image from link above)



 I know pirate costumes have been all the rage in the last five years or so but this one is too cute to keep out!
(Image from link above)



 I'm a bit... okay, A LOT in love with the shop that makes these aprons. She makes apron costumes for toddler, kids and adults. They also have this retro vibe that I love. I want like all her stuff! Check out her Little Red Riding Hood costume:
(Image from link above) 


 But winner winner, chicken dinner may be this super hero costume. The only thing holding me back is how much it costs. I mean, it's on par with the cost of all the cute costumes on etsy but I wanted to cap the cost at $25 per child. This costume is pulling me in though... the attraction is too strong... help!!!!
(Image from link above) 


Do you see my problem besides wanting to spend a zillion dollars on a one day outfit? There isn't anything here for Sawyer. I need your IDEAS or he'll end up in a Gap shirt and jeans like two years ago. Don't make me look bad...

8 comments:

Red Shoes said...

LMBO @ sack~0~taters...

That is GREAT!!!

~shoes~

wonderchris said...

YOU MUST buy that WW costume!!!!! For me....I don't have kids yet and I would buy that in a nano-second. Do it for your fans!! That costume is too perfect. With red sneakers...or mary janes....I just love it! :)

Oh, Halloween - you're the best!

SkippyMom said...

The WW costume is easy to make - it is the materials that are the cost. If you have the sewing ability - which is basic "Home Ec 101" you could sew it.

It is absolutely adorable, but I wonder what she is charging.

Your kids are too small to support it, but the best costume I ever made [without sewing] was for Wallene. I used a round laundry basket, tinfoil, batting and pink paint to make her into a cupcake.

We had people following us around the neighborhood trying to get our phone number to make costumes for them the next year.

I sew 95% of three of our kids costumes until they were 13, but now I am out of the biz. Wish I could make that WW costume for you.

SkippyMom said...

I found the WW on Etsy - It is an awesome costume, especially for 49 dollars. That isn't high at all for a hand made costume of that quality, especially with materials she used and the top is crocheted.

And after seeing a better view of it, that isn't basic sewing. She has talent. My apologies.

I am actually shocked it is that cheap. The tulle and the gold lame' alone would be 20 bucks for that costume.

Try and go online and look up cute ideas - you can do a whole lot for little kids with a basic sweatsuit, paint and reflective tape. Good luck.

Patty said...

With a little boy myself (and no tutus for him) I am thinking more homemade too.
Not an animal bought off the shelf this year.
Why not use that GAP t and jeans, throw in an adult dress shirt and go as a MAD SCIENTIST?
Or spray paint his sippy silver and be a mini James Bond?

G. B. Miller said...

Cool costumes. No matter what you get them, I'm sure they'll be winners.

As for the new Blogger Dashboard, I hate it. I refuse to use it until I'm forced to, then only under protest.

Crystal said...

Oh my goodness, I LOVE the little red riding hood one. So cute!!! You're right though about the price. Every year I'm so tempted to splurge, but then I change my mind :) Maybe this can be my splurge year.

NICKI said...

OK, my mom made all our costumes and I am trying to remember some early costumes my brother wore before he was Superman, Batman, (Insert super hero or Mutant Turtle here).
I remember cowboy, Raggedy Andy (do they still sell those), a really cute bee costume, complete with antennas,and a pumpkin costume all 4 of us wore - added bonus, no pain if one rolls down the stairs, as my sister found out.

I also remember my mom made a turtle costume for my youngest sister. Super easy - green footy PJ's with essentially a pillow on the back. Super cute because she was crawling at the time.