Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Photoshop is my Bit@h

I'm shooting a wedding on Friday (First one, yay!) and hosting a baby shower on Sunday so I've been a wee bit, uhhh, busy?

Of course I have all my usual mom stuff like cleaning and butt wiping and you know.

So when I started looking at what we are going to do for the shower, I wasn't sure how much I believed in myself in terms of designing all the party decor. The theme is "Picnic" but more so watermelon picnic. The inspiration came from Hostess with the Mostess. (Are you as addicted to this site as I am? People take their parties VERY seriously these days!) But when I focused on the picnic part of the party, the decor was kind of lamo and there WASN'T any of that general picnic looking stuff at the stores but when my friend brought up this party, I think it was the watermelon part of the picnic she liked so now I'm focusing on watermelon for decor?

Anyway, as I got down to business I thought, I am OVER my head with this design stuff. For serious.

I emailed Melissa (The girl that did my lemonade party stuff.) and told her I would pay her, PLEASE HELP but her sister in law had to go and have babies yesterday with NO regard toward my feelings. Pfft. So I sat down with photoshop and we had a talk. We bonded a bit. After an hour I figured out one problem that has been annoying the hell out of me since I installed photoshop. Soon we were like BUDS, we were like, happy hour going, get caught singing in the shower without being embarrassed, riding on each other's back and slapping each other on the a$$ sort of friends.

And here is a preview of our long life together
and the party too I guess.








If you have any awesome watermelon baby shower ideas, let me know, I have until Sunday! Love you guys more than rice crispy treats!- holly




11 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I love that! What a cute theme. I love throwing showers.

Padded Cell Princess said...

That looks fabulous! It's going to be an adorable party!

Unknown said...

what a cute theme!! It sounds so adorable -- I can't wait to see pictures from it =)

Good luck shooting your first wedding!!

stephanie said...

how fun! and such a cute theme! love it!

SkippyMom said...

Adorable! Nicely done.

Have a great time and enjoy shooting the wedding too. :)

Anonymous said...

I'm the wrong person to ask about this stuff. I so suck at technology and parties. lol However I did love the bit about your friends sis having babies without re guards for your feelings... What a hoot. thanks for following me.

wonderchris said...

You guys could sculpt a baby from watermelon and see whose is the most creepy....I don't know....I might not be the best person to ask. :)

Have fun - looks like it will be amazing!

Natalie said...

That is such a fun and creative theme! Glad you slapped photoshop in the face to let it know who is the boss!

Red Shoes said...

Going to shoot a wedding???

What caliber... I mean... what kind of camera do you use? I am Jonesing SO badly for a new camera, and every time I sit down to buy one, I get confused all over again... too many statistics... blah...

~shoes~

NICKI said...

I don't actually have any a$$ slapping friends. Am I missing out?

Alycia Grayce (Crowley Party) said...

It can take some time, but once you get the hang of it, photoshop is addicting :)! loving your blog, new follower!