Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Ready, Set, GO!

I've been busy. Being annoying. I'm pretty sure Geoff and I are the most annoying people on real estate buyers planet. Do they have that planet? We should be dropped off on that planet where all realtors who don't want to deal with annoying buyers are NOT. Run, run far away.

Them: It's a short sale, it's going to take a while.

Us five seconds later: Do they have an answer yet?

Us ten seconds later: Do they have an answer NOW?

Us one full (FULL I say!) Mississippi second later: How 'bout now?

Them: NO!

But I heard annoying works. Like you get put back on top of the bank short sale and foreclosure pile and I think it's true. We were told it should be about three months until they get back to us and we heard back this morning.

THIS MORNING!

Let me repeat, we heard back this morning. They countered our offer and said we must pay closing and we are going to accept.

We are wussy fighters. Basically we are telling the banks MERCY!. YOU WIN BANKS! WE are in LOVE with your house, we will do anything, bow at your feet, kiss your ten toes, whisper sweet nothings in your ear!!!

I know this is just the first step in many steps. Maybe the first step in a freaking long marathon race where they spaced out the water stations WAY too far away from each other.

We are going to run it anyway!

11 comments:

Deb said...

yay, yay, yay! I am so happy for you guys! Congatulations, I can't wait to see it in person!!

The Peach Tart said...

Congratulations.

Furry Bottoms said...

YOU'RE THE NEW OWNER OF THAT HOUSE!! YAYAYAYAY!!!! Congrats, and you've gotta share pictures when you've moved in!

MEGandJEFF said...

Honestly, I think if you love the house, it's so worth it to just cry uncle! Big, HUGE congrats to you :) Short sales are a mighty pain in the arse to deal with & it sounds like annoying worked! ;) Totally awesome & I'm very happy for you :)

fallgirly said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I have not heard anything. Sigh. Stupid California people!! Keep us posted.

bodoba said...

aww congrats! now you can get all your decorating ideas in motion

G. B. Miller said...

YAY!!!! You're a somebody again!

Got my fingers crossed for ya.

The Peach Tart said...

Congratulations. That's exciting news.

Diva's Thoughts said...

Heyy!!! Congrats!! That is awesome. See, annoying works. It's worked for me all these years so far! lol

Stephanie said...

Congrats! How exciting:)

Unknown said...

SQUEEEEEEE!! You got it? I always knew you were a country bumpkin' at heart. ;-)