Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Need Short Sale Help!!!

I'm making a plea.

Seriously. This is to anyone that might have an answer. This is my message in a bottle.

We've been under contract for NINE months now. Nine. Nothing seems to move along. I'm due in eight weeks. We are in a place until the 24th of April. I'm suppose to have a baby just a few short weeks after. If we don't close by the 24th, we have to move, AGAIN.

My husband and I go back and forth on our angry days. Sunday I was furious. Angry doesn't eve begin to describe the feeling. I can't be positive anymore. I have nothing nice left to say. It seems that most of this mess comes down to having a lazy negotiator. (A realtor in the Denver area whose name I will give out gladly if you want to know who to avoid.)

If I understand correctly, the negotiator is hired to be the go between: the banks and the parties involved.

What if that person is incompetent, can't formulate an email to save his life, is rude, is disliked by both realtors and spends his time tweeting?


Or says that he can't make a phone call because he starts his second job at 11am? If you can't do your first job, don't get a second. Perhaps you wouldn't need a second job if you did your first.

What if you made a call to a bank he's said he's been trying to get a hold of for two months but can't get off hold and you get through in less than five minutes... to a person who says you got through to the right department and could of helped if you knew the loan number.

But you don't, because you aren't given that info.

We are told we aren't allowed to contact anyone, the more we try, the more our file gets placed at the bottom but my husband was too annoyed today.

We can't sit back any longer.

If I could fire the negotiator, I would. If I could take things into my own hands, I would of long ago. If I could drive a tank through a few homes, I would.

What if the negotiator says the people he got verbal approval from don't work at the bank anymore. This "verbal approval" was suppose to be followed by a letter days later. Meanwhile almost two months have gone by since this "verbal approval".

What if you seldom hear from this negotiator, you wonder if he got fired but no one bothered to tell you, meanwhile you sit and wait for a house you were suppose to close on last year?

We are told the banks don't care if you threaten to walk away.

We've jumped through endless hoops. Agreed to pay money we hear we are legally NOT suppose to pay but the greedy banks require to close the deal.

Money to pay off the second lien holder.

And HOA's that aren't even ours.

We are told we must pay for an HOA overdue balance for a property the pervious owners of the house bought. This is not even for the house or the land the house sits on, this is for land we aren't purchasing but it's another few grand we have to bring to closing because the banks holding onto the house WE BID ON say so. We can't close on the house unless we pay this. Oh sure, they say we'll be reimbursed when they have proof that it isn't our HOA. They said the maximum time this short sale would ever take would be six months. They said we would for sure close in December.

They say a lot, don't they?

We have jumped through so many hoops. It seems like some of this is fraud but people have no where to turn.

Where do we turn?

Where do others turn?

What do we do?

Is there anyone out there???

1st lien holder: Bank of America
2nd lien holder: One West (Indy Mac)
Negotiator: A Keller Williams Agent


UPDATE: Our negotiator seemed to get in contact with people, located the file (had no idea he couldn't locate it), and filed complaints with all sorts of departments. He also snuck in a nasty comment about my husband calling people yesterday saying that by us doing so, we won't get anything done. Strange because AFTER our negotiator gets wind of us trying to stir the pot, he gets a bunch of things done in a matter of a few hours where he couldn't even make a phone call in a matter of MONTHS.

Hopefully more updates soon... and not like in three months soon...

7 comments:

MOMSICLE VIBE said...

I'm SO sorry that all I can offer is a cyber hug. I'm sure others will respond with some concrete advise. TAKE CARE!

Maggie May said...

Add me to SO SORRY. God that sucks ass. I hope someone has an suggestion for you. I wish I could.
xoxoxox

Aurora Sisneros said...

OK, so I have no idea if my buddy Mikey T can help, but I just sent him your blog post and asked if there is anything he can do. He is the best Realtor on the planet.

I will let you know when I hear from him.

KEEP CALM and CARRY ON. Your water might break, lady! ;)

We will get it figured out!!!!!

audrey2750 said...

HI Holly. I'm so sad this is happening. By now I would have not had your patience, given up and moved on to finding another property. Hang in there!

MEGandJEFF said...

Oh. My. I feel SO angry for you! And, I wish I had some amazing advice to give you that would solve this HUGE mess you are dealing with! Unfortunately, I don't..because this exact situation is what made my husband & I walk away from a home we absolutely loved & find something else..It seemed like everyone involved in the situation (except us) was in it for the money..& the innocent would-be buyer gets taken for a ride. I'm so sorry! I'll be saying a prayer for you guys!

G. B. Miller said...

I'm sorry to hear that you're dealing with the west coast equivalent of Skank of America.

Indy Mac is even worse (which is probably why they were seized by the Feds last year).

I can't offer any concrete help, but if you want/need a place to vent/post another good rant like this, feel free to shoot something my way and I'll stick up on my blog.

Tickled Pink Mandy said...

Im so sorry!! Im thinking about you and sending positive thoughts your way!!